Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

paths...

by human being
illustrations by rhoda penmarq

first of five parts






i turned
the path turned too
leaving
nothing
behind





each person i meet along the path
is part of me
long lost













the only obstacle in my path is
me












i go on... and on
if i stop
i'll get lost











the river watches me
passing by









on the road
some may rob me
they are losers













on the road
some may compete with me
they are loners












on the road
some may kill me
they will die












they can steal my shoes
but not my steps









they can cut off my legs
but not my will to walk



part two

5 comments:

Dan Leo said...

Even better read the day after reading it the first time.

human being said...

wow! this means a lot to me!
thanks a lot, dear friend...

Dan Leo said...

Yer welcome. Great job by Rhoda too. As usual.

Peter Greene said...

Wow, this is neat.

human being said...

so glad you liked it!