Pages

Friday, January 5, 2024

my window


by nick nelson



i looked out my window
and saw a man walk up the street
he was bent like a banana
and his eyes were on his feet

his coat was sunset red
and his hat was lettuce green
and he was the saddest human
that i had ever seen

i should have left the window
but could not avert my gaze
or atone for my crimes
or amend my evil ways

the sad man passed beneath me
with a little dog at his heels
the dog was feeling guilty
because it invented the wheel

i was born in a castle
high on a windy hill
the peasants all hated me
and they may hate me still

i came to the city
with a briefcase full of gold
and ii spent it all on donuts
and on coffee that got cold

i waited at the window
until i saw my self pass by
there is no more coffee in my cup and no clouds in the sky



No comments: