Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2022

exit


by anonymous



i used to be young

and i had a friend

who did me wrong

because i was born under a bad sign

i strayed from the right path

now everybody hates me

perhaps it is all for the best

how am i supposed to know?

nobody ever told me what was going on

today is another day

i have no explanation for anything

all i wanted was to be free

but the joke is on me

besides, who cares?

i wanted some kicks, man

some power would have been nice, too

i was never too quick on the draw

i just tried to be myself

it is all very sad

every building in the world has a sign that says exit

are you listening?

because i think i hear something

what can it be?

something is calling me

the ground is shaking

but nobody seems to care

love is the answer

but the people walking down the street are not laughing



No comments: