Pages

Friday, September 1, 2023

verdant moon


by bofa xesjum




a verdant moon floated across a watery sky.

the tall man with the candy striped tie was sad.

he just was, but it was not his fault.

it was the world’s fault.

his name was daniel boone.

he had dreamed all of his life of doing terrible things.

he regretted having ever been born, a lot like you or me.

on the contrary, sir, i have no regrets about having been born.

then you are one of the fortunate ones.

have it your way.

excuse me but may i ask your name and number?

you are quite the nosey parker, are you not?

as a citizen of this great democratic empire, i have a right to ask anybody i please anything i please.

my name is pope pius xxx, and my number is 5674-7832-765-c7

what a perfectly beastly number. i must say it suits you.

let me guess - you are going to report me to the authorities.

very good. you are a soothsayer, as well as a beast.

what would you have the law do to me, if i may be so bold as to ask.

the authorities will know what do with your kind.

the joke may be on you.

keep taking, buddy.

nothing can stop me, as i have nothing left to lose, do i?

i feel a great yawn coming on.

i have not asked you your name and number.

my name is pandemonium, and my number is 6572-0096-544-v6.

rather a nice number. you see, i do not resort to character assassination, unlike yourself.

what is going on here? you two have been palavering a long time.

nothing, officer, we were discussing the price of washing machines.

go home and text each other about the price of washing machines.

yes, officer.

yes, officer.

and leave the night to peaceful citizens.




No comments: