Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

the catch...

by human being

illustrations by rhoda penmarq






fox was passing under cypress tree when something dropped down in front of him...








 
it was a large piece of cheese!














 
he looked up:
 
crow was sitting on the tip of the tree... looking down...







 
fox was suspicious: eh? what does this mean? what about that old fable? this should be me luring her to drop the cheese... why is she offering this large piece to me? i even didn't see her and her cheese... is this a trap? perhaps this cheese is poisonous... or maybe she wants to get something bigger from me in return?







 
crow was still looking down... fox looked at the cheese and crow several times... at last he ignored both of them and continued on his way...









 
when he was far enough, crow swooped down and snatched the cheese off the ground...










 
- phew! thought i have lost my precious catch... it's so heavy i cannot hold it in my beak properly... thank heavens this one didn't like cheese!








 

4 comments:

bearskin rug said...

I like the second to the last picture of the crow holding the cheese in its beak! A couple weeks ago I saw a crow flying with a little rabbit in its beak, it dropped the rabbit like three times, I ran after it to see if I could save the rabbit but he flew up into a tree :(

human being said...

Nikki dear...

never get sad when animals hunt other animals... they do not do it out of fun or a thirst for power or domination... it's jut an act of survival... beautiful... and respected...

man hunts not animals but other fellow human beings... with much more inferior motivations than animals...

sad... so sad...
if you can, help the rabbits among the humans...


and trust what you see not just the old codes... this is the point of this story...


love

Peter Greene said...

Good one, Human.

human being said...

dear Old...

thanks for reading and the encouraging words... they mean a lot to me!
:)