Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

fighting words


by jack dale coody





the road may be long and lonely
the way may be dark and bleak
demons may hound and surround me
but i lift up my voice to speak

kings may laugh on their golden thrones
and darkness cover the earth
they can banish me from the city
but i know what my words are worth

o lackeys off the powerful
and priests of jealous gods
i will never cease in my quest for truth
no matter what the odds

you can call me a bum and madman
a parasite and a freak
you can build a thousand walls to contain me
i will lift up my voice to speak

masters of the universe
in your towers built with lies
i will lift up my voice forever
without subterfuge or disguise

the highway is crowded with howling dogs
the woods with ravenous beasts
serpents may drag me to the pit of hell
i will lift up my voice to speak




No comments: