Pages

Monday, January 23, 2023

williams


by horace p sternwall



today i went out walking
in the wind and snow
i thought to find a sunny day
but little did i know

a hairy form approached me
as i exited the town
but i could not cross the river
because the bridge had fallen down

the form took shape before me
and i started back in fright
it was my old friend williams
whom i had pledged to meet that night

he look a look upon him
i had never seen before
his face was pale and twisted
he greeted me with a roar

alas! i had no chance to speak
his fangs were at my throat
he threw me in the water
and down the current i did float

before i quite expired
i saw a light upon the bank
but darkness overcame me
and into it i sank

o heed my admonition
as i conclude my rhyme
if you must go out walking
carry a stout stick at all times


No comments: