Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

archbishop


by dog e relaford




an administrator named albert jones
had a bureaucrat named beaumont bones
beaumont was a breakfast sandwich with bacon
but all his parking spaces were taken

corliss carter was an embittered soul
immersion in infinity was his goal
he sat in the waiting room of doctor death
writing letters to the president under his breath

eddie elwood was an easygoing sort
his dog chewed tobacco while eddie held down the fort
but shed a tear for frankie lee
because she was no better than you or me

gorgeous george had a first degree
and roamed this land from sea to shining sea
harry the horse had no cause to complain
because the whole world felt his pain

investigations incorporated found no cause
to give jerry the jumper any applause
the kings keep doing what kings will do
it is not pretty, let me tell you

i wish my old master could see me now
down on the farm with a horse and a cow
in my heart i know it will all turn out right
if i keep my archbishop out of sight



No comments: