Pages

Monday, April 29, 2019

revenge falls from the sky like a million roses


by rhoda penmarq





what kind of scum did this?
joey was my friend
ricki was my girl

it is time to take a stand
but what about us, billy?
we still have to live

joey was the greatest friend a guy ever had
for a million years
he took her away from me

that’’s why i have to know
we can’t let then get away with it
because they think they rule the world

i bought her a dozen red roses
because i couldn’t live with myself
but that’s the kind of scum they are

and have been for a million years
i have to do this
he was my friend

how long has this been going on?
do you think roses fall from the sky?

“i’ll tell you what falls from the sky”

no, billy, no!
even though she did me wrong
i couldn’t hate her forever

“the clock is ticking out on the highway”

because they know we are in here
and they are laughing at us




No comments: