Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2021

poem - the master


by genghis gilgamesh



when i die
think of me every day
remember my ancient wisdom
and all i tried to say

i was the truth and the light
and said just what i pleased
listen to my words
on every passing breeze

those who came before me
were sad pathetic fools
cast aside their folly
and walk only by my rules

you will not regret it
when the sky opens at last
when all that is true is future
and all that is false is past

i came here among you
to save you from yourselves
believe exactly what i tell you
for there is nothing else

a dog runs up the mountain
with an eagle in its mouth
the hills are the horizon
east is west, and north is south

the tiger and the deer sit down
and sing a happy song
the serpent and the wolf join in
can’t we all just get along?



No comments: