Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

unusual


by bofa xesjum



hello

hello yourself.

how are you?

very well, thank you.

i often see you walking.

yes, i walk almost every day.

may i ask, what is your name?

my name is overlord underling, at your service.

that is an unusual name, it seems to me.

oh really? what do you find so unusual about it?

i have never heard it before, that is all i meant.

and do you know the name of every person on the planet?

ha ha, no, please rest assured i did not mean that at all.

it occurs to me, my friend, that you have not told me your name.

my name is king tutankhaman, and i have ever been a poet and a dreamer.

you do not say so? tell me, what is your favorite color? come now, speak up..

my favorite color is blue, the color of the sky, the color of the soul, of immortality.

what do you think of the current political situation? what suggestions do you have to fix it, eh?

i did not know that there was a current political situation, or that it needed fixing, or by whom.

that is just the sort of insipid evasion i expected from one of your sort. a poet and dreamer, indeed!

i beg your pardon. what exactly do you mean by one of my sort? my sort of what? please explain yourself.

you know exactly what i mean. i can not wait until the earth is well rid of simpering ignorant parasites like you.

well, isn't that a nice way to talk. let's start over, shall we? i told you my favorite color, what is your favorite?

red, the color of fire, the fire that burns away the filth of chaos and existence, does that answer your pathetic little question, sir?

i suppose it will have to do. what is your favorite painting, and in what museum or other public or private building is it displayed?

a painting of a sunset on a stormy sea, painted by none other than myself, and owned by myself, displayed in my most private inner sanctum.

this is all very interesting, but i am afraid that i have lost track of the time engaging in this conversation, so if you will excuse me -

excuse you? no, my good man, you have wounded me most grievously, most grievously indeed. and so mark me well, i will - i - goodbye, until we meet again!




No comments: