Pages

Monday, April 11, 2022

song from my heart


by dog e relaford



i had a dog named blue
but i did not have him long
i have a hole in my hat
and one note in my song

i made an old guitar
with some elastics and a comb
i played it on the corner
and folks told me to go home

my home is a palace
behind a parking lot
i stole the mona lisa
but have not yet been caught

i taught jeff bezos
everything he knew
but he is an ungrateful fellow
unlike me and you

i used to walk along the street
with my hands in my pockets
now my brain is a galaxy
of stars and rocks and rockets

i am plugged into you
and you are plugged into me
didn’t you like it better
when we were wild and free?

like socrates and buddha
i sit beneath a tree
but the tree is weeping chemicals
and i miss the ants and bees



No comments: