Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

same dog bit me


by genghis gilgamesh




all i wanted was to be free
because all i wanted was to be me
clouds roll across the sky
to tell me i am going to die

everybody hates me - it’s sad
forget the friends i never had
gargoyles leer from every door
with hands out in clutching implore

i awake in my little room
just in time for final doom
the king of spades slips me a note
the last ship out is now afloat

the magician shines his rabbit
the nun sews patches on her habit
the octopus lights a cigar
the platypus puts gas in the getaway car

quickly the scene changes
the lone ranger rearranges
the snake in the jewel box
the three wise men begin to talk

under the winding stair
victory is in the air
who dares to say otherwise
may expect a terrible surprise

youth must be served
zoom - my blue soul swerves
all around me angels and saints observe
how strangely the demons wings are curved



No comments: