Pages

Monday, April 13, 2020

confusion


by bofa xesjum





last night i got confused
and thought my hat was a bottle of booze
i shook it and shook it all for naught
because it did not contain a drop

i was walking in the fog
with my goldfish who was also a dog
we turned into the park
and found a fountain which contained a shark

i asked the shark most ceremoniously
if he could point me to the banana tree
under which the wise man sat
and offered him a drop from my hat

he thanked me for my courtesy
and kindly pointed out to me
that the stock market was falling
and didn’t i hear my agent calling?

an agent? i replied in some perplexity
who is this standing next to me?
a butterfly? a cow? a whale?
or he who has put my soul on sale?

the world spun round
like a football stadium filled with clowns
i was standing in a drug store aisle
and my piranha looked up with a smile




No comments: