Pages

Friday, April 3, 2020

rainy day poem


by anonymous



i wrote this poem yesterday
because i couldn't go out to play
and because my governess knew too well
that i was born to burn in hell

every time a flower i found
she picked me up and slapped me around
every time i gazed at the sky
she told me i was born to die

some day when i am fully grown
and have ascended to my throne
i will track the governess down
if i have to look all over town

i was fated to write this verse
because from birth i have been cursed
by my fellow humans’ incomprehension
which i may have forgotten to mention

but my day will come
how about yours?
maybe we will meet some day
on a distant shore

i will have a martini
and you might have a gin fizz
and we will tell our stories
because revenge is all there is



No comments: