Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

wanderer


by timothy t jones




stranger, as the night unravels
let me tell you of my travels
through the expanding universes
seeking smiles, but finding curses

bartender, bring another round
for myself and this new friend i've found
this strangely silent brooding shade
who listens to me unafraid

born beneath a dying sun
boon companions had i none
or teachers sage to form my brain
but only solitude and rain

within my miserable hut
from which all grace and art were shut
i wondered what the world could hold
which so far left me in the cold

i put my foot upon the road
i had no password, had no code
i had no weapon in my fist
no destination in the mist

all have is my poor brain
which works in ways i can not explain
and my flat unlovely feet
flopping and slapping down the street

and the sky above my head
from which all shining stars have fled
will it rain, or will it snow?
perhaps it is better not to know



No comments: