Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2020

poem 27


by dog e relaford

for previous poem, click here

to begin series, click here



a flower said to a raindrop
why have you traveled so far?
why have you strayed from your homeland?
do you not know who you are?

the raindrop replied to the flower
who are you to ask?
you do not even know me
or what is my appointed task

i have traveled from the heights
with the world spread before me
and you who have never been anywhere
can only hope to bore me

well excuse me, replied the flower
with a nod and a wink
while you have been busy traveling
i have has time to think

to contemplate eternity
and all that has happened in it
i could tell you all about it
if you could spare a minute

so spoke the flower firmly
while waving in the breeze
but the raindrop had dried up and gone
just as cool as you please


next poem




No comments: