Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2021

ruler


by wiggly jones,"the little hippie boy"



if asked to rule the world, i would give it mature consideration
the last time i ruled the world it did not go well
i never get excited when asked to rule the world
for i have ever been a poet and a dreamer

my uncle, who ruled before me, was a nice person, maybe too nice
when i was in the prime of my youth i could not decide whether to save the world or conquer it
i would be an effective ruler if i had loyal subjects
i am starting to feel sleepy

i have secret dreams
my first counselor was a natural born liar
nobody knows you when you are down and out
never say you are sorry especially when you are guilty

the council were afraid they couldn’t use me
we kept it in the family
i always wanted a garden
and a competent gardener

i hate people who think they know everything
you might be surprised
you know what they say
one day i awoke as if from a dream

do you know what lies beyond the castle walls?
sometimes i wonder
i am really no better than anybody else
but is anybody else better than me?



No comments: