Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2023

morning


by nick nelson



i woke up this morning with a feeling of despair
i lost my poems, and forgot my prayers
the rain was beating on the window of my room
and i was pervaded by a sense of doom

i have written this poem a hundred times
but i keep forgetting the lines
and will have to start it over again
because i am a child of sin

johnny decided to go for a walk
because he was tired of jenny’s talk
when he got back she was not there
and he did not even care

when morning came he put on his shoes
and went down to the river with nothing to lose
it started to rain and he got wet
and regretted his whole existence, you bet

i woke up this morning with a feeling of woe
with nothing to do and nowhere to go
the sky was falling and the rent was due
my head was empty but my heart was true


No comments: