Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2023

gone


by nick nelson



i woke up this morning and what did i see?
everybody was gone but me
they left a note beside my bed
saying, we only existed in your head

i must say it gave me a bit of a shock
i got up and walked around the block
sure enough there was no one in the street
only some papers beneath my feet

i found the papers were inscribed
with detailed accounts of all the lives
of all the humans who had ever existed
i did not care to read them - nobody insisted

in my brain a thought arose
were all the drugstores and supermarkets closed?
was the capitalist infrastructure gone?
what about amazon?

my limbs were shaking and my brain was perking
i wondered if my tv was working
i hurried home and seized my remote
but the entertainment center was gone and so was the note____



No comments: