Pages

Friday, August 11, 2023

hate


by genghis gilgamesh



why do you hate me?

excuse me?

i said, is it as good for you as it was for me?

is what as good as what?

that ham and cheese sandwich i just made you. by the way, you are welcome for it. i know you were so intoxicated by its creamy deliciousness that is the reason you forgot to say thank you.

you don’t have to be sarcastic about it. it’s all right.

just all right?

yes. come on, it is just a slice of ham and two slices of cheese between two slices of - what is this? - i guess it is what? whole wheat bread. you didn’t ask me what kind of bread i wanted.

sorry about that. how is the mustard?

it is all right. i like the other kind better - the what do you call it that looks like it has little things in it.

stone ground?

whatever. but this is o k, i wasn’t complaining.

i am glad to hear it. back to my original question.

i thought that was the original question.

why do you hate me?

because i hate myself.

i thought so, but why do you hate yourself?

because i was taught to hate myself by my fascist parents and by capitalist society.

of course, what fascist things did your parents do?

they brought me into the world without asking me, for starters.

that is kind of a common experience. anything after that?

they didn’t’ send me to prep school like i expected, but to the local high school with the peasants. they said dad was losing money but i never believed it for a second, and still don’t.

well, that is a start. do you want to hear about why i hate myself?

that sounds like thirsty work. why don’t you make me another sandwich.

all right, but it might take a while as i have to get the stuff back out of the refrigerator. ham and cheese again? and i only have the one type of mustard and one type of bread.

fine. i am easy to get along with.



No comments: