Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2022

who


by walter w johnson iii




my aunt judy was a nice person
but maybe not so nice as we thought

my uncle jeffrey made millions selling high end cardboard
except that it turned out he really didn’t

my sister sally talked until she was eighteen about running away from home
but she never even left town and married a guy who worked at the local gas station

<> i never did understand what my dad did all day
it was easy enough to know what my mom did

when i was a child i had a little stuffed bear
i never called it a teddy bear

my mom used to tell people how much i loved it
it was the cutest thing and i was the cutest thing

one day we were driving over a bridge on our way to yellowstone national park
and i threw the bear out the window into the river below

who am i?
who is anybody?

how are you doing?
i have not heard from you in a while



No comments: