Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

call


by nick nelson



hello billy, it’s jake. i am in trouble, you have to help me out.

i am sorry, you have the wrong number.

come on, billy, i recognize your voice.

i am not billy and you have the wrong number.

billy! don’t you remember what i did for you back in the -

billy!

that was a wrong number.

too bad.

let me try calling my mom.

you get one call, and that was it.

but it was a wrong number!

the call lasted more than five seconds.

but it was a wrong number!

it lasted more than five seconds.

how much longer?

it lasted 5.8 seconds.

not even one whole second longer! come on, give me a break.

you had one call, and you made it.

but i am a person! a person with hopes and dreams, with a heart and a soul. i want to make good, and give back to the community. i can’t end this way! you can’t allow me to be railroaded, convicted unfairly of something i didn’t even do, just for eight tenths of a second!

you have three seconds to get up and leave the room.

but it isn’t fair! let me call my mom!

two seconds.

let me call the president.

one second.

please!


No comments: