Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

i knew it all along


by anonymous



i was weak and i wanted to be strong

i was poor and i wanted to be rich

i was ugly and i wanted to be beautiful

i was nobody and i wanted to be famous

i was despised and i wanted to be desired

i was hated and i wanted to be loved

i was mocked and i wanted revenge

i wanted to rule the world but I was told to move along

i said hello and I was told go away, don’t bother me

i said goodbye and nobody noticed

i sang a song and nobody listened

i wrote a book and nobody read it

i painted a picture and nobody looked at it

i walked and nobody followed

i got to the end of the street and it was silent

i saw a light in a window but it did not shine on me

i knocked on the door and nobody answered

i kicked the door and hurt my foot

i limped away and a dog barked at me

i am under your window but you do not see me

i have two dollars left in my pocket

enough for a doughnut or a cup of coffee

but not both

and after that - who knows?

it is starting to rain but i have no umbrella

the wind is blowing and i have a hole in my shoe

i look back at the house that had a light in the window

but the light is out and the house is dark



No comments: