Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2022

director's cut


by anonymous




i am me

i am who i am

all i want is respect

and to be accepted for who i am

i am many things, not just one thing

i am the center of the universe

i am the ruler of the universe

i am the director of the movie

i am the ringperson of the circus of time and space

i can be anything i want to be

i could be the president of the united states

i could be the secretary general of the united nations

i could be the quarterback for the tampa bay buccaneers

i could be the right fielder for the new york yankees

i could be a four time winner of the nobel prize for literature

and the permanent yearly winner of the nobel peace prize

and the person who breaks the bank every night at monte carlo

who invented the new world and walked away from it and gave it all away

i could invent a million new worlds tomorrow

so do not mess with me

and show a little respect please

do you doubt me? do you deny me?

do you doubt yourself?

who are you? who are you to tell me who i am and am not?

do you want to be my friend?

with all that i am i could use a friend

will you take me to lunch?

will you buy me a cup of coffee?

can you spare a dollar?

can you spare a dime?

it looks like it might rain

but have a nice day anyway




No comments: