Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

sincere poem #4


by anonymous



understanding eludes me
remembering henry, i feel drowsy
he was my best friend
but i never understood anything he said

perhaps we were all to blame
luck played a part
when it was over, i felt a great sense of relief
however, i would not be too sure

it is getting dark outside
nothingness descends yet again
i expected the worst, but it was not so bad
i guess everybody has a story to tell

i did not see what was so funny
i never had much of a sense of humor
maybe some day i will start to understand
but not this evening, when i am so thirsty

<> why do you all hate me?
what did you expect from me?
i could take a joke, if it was funny
that is just the way i am, deal with it

multitudes march through my brain
but they leave no footprints
i knew you would never understand
maybe i will try again some day



No comments: