Pages

Monday, August 16, 2021

the secret


by nick nelson



it is too late for that now.

you know what they say, it is never too late.

somehow i had forgotten that particular bit of wisdom.

then just give me some money and i will be on my way.

no.

you can not mean it.

i know what you are thinking.

i am thinking a little common sense on your part might go a long way.

i am tired of your jokes.

i beg you, don’t do this to me.

are you reduced to this now?

i am sorry, deeply sorry for anything i may have said to turn you against me.

you have always been the curse of my existence.

well, i like that!

must i have you tossed out bodily?

so this is really the end.

i congratulate you on your swift appreciation of the situation.

this is a sad day, very sad. i shall have to play my final card, much as i dislike doing so.

and what is this final card, that you have apparently concealed for so long?

frederica!

frederica! you rascal, how dare you speak her name in this house?

so! it was as i guessed! i have found your dark secret!

oh! oh! what have i done? you swine, you absolute swine!



No comments: