Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

all you wanted


by genghis gilgamesh



was that slice of apple pie all you wanted?

i want everybody to wish me the best on my birthday.

contrary to your calculations, everybody is a lot of people.

i demand that you stop demeaning me with your deliberate demeanor.

eustace, is appolonius acting out extemporaneously again?

i fear he is, miss felicia.

grab him by the ears and plant him in the garden.

but i just planted howard in the garden.

i don’t want excuses.

just do it, right?

you are developing a keen sense of proper response.

come along, appolonius, you lucky boy.

you have no mandate from heaven to plant me in the garden.

i don’t need no stinking mandate from heaven or anybody else, come along.

heaven will hurl opprobrium at you on my behalf.

do you want me to call pete?

last night i dreamed the garden was filled with quiet ghosts.

that’s right, come along. you can have a right friendly quiet conversation with these ruminative spirits.

life is sad , don’t you think?

i am not paid to think.

or to understand, am i right?

i am not so vain as to try to understand anything.

in my dream, a werewolf suddenly appeared, sending the ghosts on their way.

it sounds a most excellently plotted dream.

do you think so? i, myself, did not think so at the time.

you never know about a dream until it is over.

is all life a dream?

i believe you have broached that subject before. ah, here we are, in the garden.


No comments: