Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2022

bounty


by nick nelson



they put a bounty on my head although i harmed no man.

the king of spain was waiting in the weeds.

but old man mose had him covered from the top of the hill.

boot hill.

it takes a mean sheriff to run a mean town.

and say hello to the ladies on his day off.

where i come from there were no days off.

how about that.

i can’t wait to get my hands on that sorry excuse for nothing.

spare me the details.

in the canebrake with my old dog blue.

the sun was high over the hill.

old man mose was waiting.

he always wore his sears and roebuck coveralls to church.

if the reverend didn’t like it, too bad on him.

spare you the details? spare you the details?

why is that, you got a weak brain?

i would just rather not hear it.

but when the time comes, you will be ready?

don’t worry about me.

they put a bounty on my head although i harmed no man.

you already said that.

and i will say it again..

if that is all right with you.

old man mose never made a sound.

on boot hill.

or in the canebrake, either.

back in the day.


No comments: