Pages

Friday, December 18, 2020

introduction


by anonymous



let me introduce myself

i almost said, allow me to introduce myself

or permit me to introduce myself

but i caught myself just in time

those terms are old fashioned

and i am not an old fashioned guy

i am up to date

i’m hip to the scene

i did not just fall off a banana boat

so as i was saying

let me introduce myself

i am the center of the universe

i am the emperor of the universe

notice i say “the” universe, not just some little “a” universe

if you wish to address me, please address me as

“your most celestial and all-encompassing majesty and holiness”

i have seen many things in my time

and done many things

and am many things

i rode the rails with jesse james

and hitchhiked through south america with ambrose bierce

and crossed the frozen tundra with jack london and an old mama lion

i play right field for the los angeles dodgers

and center field for the new york yankees

and left field for the boston red sox

and quarterback for the new england patriots

and point guard for the golden state warriors

i won the nobel peace prize for literature ten years in a row

and the nobel peace prize for mathematics twenty years in a row

i am the world’s funniest comedian

and the world’s greatest actor

and greatest lover

i spent thirty years on top of a mountaintop

meditating

and directing the flow of planets and galaxies through the heavens of the universe

which was thirsty work

right now i am working on a screenplay

of the world’s greatest movie

which will be watched a thousand times

by every creature in my universe

well, that is enough about me

for now

i’ll see you around

hasta la vista

just win, baby





No comments: