Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

today


by christopher collingwood

christopher collingwood writes poems about his day to day life



i woke up this morning with a feeling of dismay
it was just another day
i brushed my teeth and put on my shoes
and went outside to pay my dues

the bus came by five minutes late
with destiny i had a date
my space awaited me
but all i wanted was to be free

are you free? or are you like me?
why can people not see
the world needs to be rearranged
but somehow this idea seems strange

to the folks filing by
without a tear in their eye
or a frown on their face
o doomed human race!

i put aside these gloomy thoughts
and joined the other bots
in the flowing stream
of this endless dream

maybe this is the day
where i find my way
but now it is time to crunch
i hope i have time for lunch



No comments: