Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2021

little song


by genghis gilgamesh



ho ho ho ho ho ho
joe is just a guy named joe
jack is just a guy named jack
with the end of time tattooed on his back

sally is just a gal named sal
you know who wants to be my pal
ted the salesman just wants to have fun
and my list of friends has just begun

gorgeous george was a mighty man
harry the hat had a master plan
we all got together at the end of the day
but really did not have much to say

have you ever had a funny feeling
that all the dirty in the world is dealing
that behind the laughter is despair
and dragons and vultures fill the air?

i had a cat named al and a dog named bill
and the things they taught me are with me still
never to talk about things you don’t know
to smile and say thank you and go with the flow

i think about them when the sun goes down
and i get on the bus to go back to town
the driver is mike and the street is main
and tomorrow i will do it all over again

santa claus comes but once a year
i dunk my donut and shed a tear
why can’t we all just get along?
and so i end my little song


No comments: